Questions that will guide you prepare for a life celebration event
The death of a loved one is a very difficult happening in one’s life. Funeral ceremony for the deceased makes the situation unbearable as it is dominated by sadness. On the other hand, instead of crying, you can decide to have a celebration of life for your loved one. You can offer amazing tribute to the deceased person if you can have a life celebration ceremony. The celebration of life event should be unique and be personalized as possible. In order to organize for a successful celebration of life event, there are dos and don’ts that must be observed. In this article we evaluate the main questions that should guide you as you prepare for the occasion.
- Who is the celebration for?-This event is typically meant to offer the family an opportunity to heal and bid bye to their loved one. The event is not for the death because they are no longer there.
- Where will be the venue?-when organizing for this event you can either decide to have it indoor or outdoor. There are various Vancouver celebration of life venue indoor venues like halls, funeral homes and private homes. The outdoor venues are like parks, gardens and open fields. What will guide you choose the venue is the number of visitors you expect and whether your loved one was a public figure or not.
- Who will be invited?-The approximate number of visitors will help you figure out the venue, the date and time and how the celebration will be conducted.
- When will be the event?-You need to select an appropriate time and date for the event that will be convenient for those who are invited. Most people prefer weekends because of enough time for travelling.
- Who will conduct the event?-This depends on how the family will view it. If the deceased was a religious person, you may appoint your local pastor to conduct the event. On the other hand, there are families that wish that the event should be conducted by a non-religious person.
- Who will be the speakers at the event?-You can choose various speakers based on various considerations. Ideally, the speakers must have known the deceased well and shared a lot. This would be like workmates, close relatives and friends. The speakers should have something important to share about the deceased person.
- What are appropriate group activities?-You need to think about what your loved used to like and share it together as a group. This will create laughter, joy and even tears.
- What food and refreshers should be offered?-This usually is based on the main theme of your life celebration event food services You can also serve the foods that your deceased member used to like.